Sunday, September 8, 2013

Jammin' Out!

Mood: EXCITED

Guess who just got a front row seat to Huey Lewis and the News at the Hollywood Bowl?


THIS BEAUTIFUL BASTARD!

And, yes, you read that right. SEAT. I go see Huey alone. The last thing I need is some hen yapping in my ear while I'm trying to jam out to, "Back in Time." Actually, people talking is why I've "technically" been permanently banned from all Huey Lewis and the News shows. Last concert I was at, some middle-aged bastard kept throwing out band trivia and acted like he was the keeper of Huey Lewis and the News secrets and like he was the ONLY ONE who knew facts about the band. When the band finished playing, "Do You Believe In Love?" this guy declares oh-so matter-of-fact, "This was their first big hit, and one of the reasons it got so popular was because of MTV." So you know what I did?

I BROKE MY BEER BOTTLE OVER THAT BASTARD'S HEAD.

I was five beers deep. And I might have been high on bath salts. Actually, I was really fucking high on bath salts. I would have made a feast of that asshole had security not pulled me off and kicked me out and said I was permanently banned from all Huey Lewis and the News shows.

But, hey, shit happens. I'm not sweating it. I've got my trusty, go-to disguise: aviator shades, khakis, and a Lacoste polo. I'll just look like 80s James Spader and nobody will be the wiser. THE MAN CAN'T HOLD ME DOWN.

--T.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment